Photos November 2015

Certification Authority Event ID 80

After upgrading from a 2003 to 2008 R2 certification authorities I noticed warnings for event ID 80 in the CA logs.  I think I have the fix worked out. Essentially you need to convert global groups to universal then to domain local. Add the CA computer objects, then set some permissions.

Replace the paths with your domain specific information.


1) On the parent domain,  on a global catalog domain controller (Run from an elevated cmd prompt)

dsmod group "CN=Cert Publishers,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=company,DC=com" -scope u
dsmod group "CN=Cert Publishers,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=company,DC=com" -scope l
2) For each child domains, on a global catalog domain controller (Run from an elevated cmd prompt)
dsmod group "CN=Cert Publishers,CN=Users,DC=child,DC=domain,DC=company,DC=com" -scope u
dsmod group "CN=Cert Publishers,CN=Users,DC=child,DC=corp,DC=company,DC=com" -scope l
dsacls "DC=child,DC=corp,DC=company,DC=com" /I:S /G "corp\Cert Publishers":RP;userCertificate
dsacls "DC=child,DC=corp,DC=company,DC=com" /I:S /G "corp\Cert Publishers":WP;userCertificate
dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,DC=child,DC=corp,DC=company,DC=com" /G "corp\Cert Publishers":RP;userCertificate
dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,DC=child,DC=corp,DC=company,DC=com" /G "corp\Cert Publishers":WP;userCertificate

3) Add the computer objects for your certification authorities to the group  “Cert Publishers” on each domain.
4) Finally, on your certification authorities run the following ((Run from an elevated cmd prompt))

certutil -setreg SetupStatus -SETUP_DCOM_SECURITY_UPDATED_FLAG 
net stop certsvc 
net start certsvc

BF Goodrich KO2 – 275 70R18


Just had these installed, running at 45 PSI. The ride is smooth, really not any more noise. I’ve noticed on gravel these throw rocks pretty hard. I have mud flaps and wheel well liners so I’m not worried.

Rancho Quicklift Struts for 2013 F-150






Rancho RS999911 and RS999935 Installed for about three weeks. There are videos all over youtube showing how to install these. It was still very difficult and I ended up destroying the ball joint on one upper control arm. It was stuck. To unstick the joint… don’t smack on the arm. I’d recommend you put the nut on and hammer upward. It will pop.


(note this is not my photo)

So far so good. Ride is good truck sits close to level. I’ll post a new photo once I get my KO2s installed.